In exactly one year I reach the grand old age of 30. Three – zero. Three decades on this planet. When my mother turned 30 she had a mini mental breakdown and was in a bad mood pretty much for the whole year apparently.
I don’t plan on sulking about my age, though I am somewhat surprised that it has come round so fast.
I, like most people I’m sure, have a busy year ahead. But I figured that in my ‘30th year’ and whilst I can still say I’m only 29, that I should set myself a series of mini-goals. And 30 of them seemed the most apt number.
So here goes, here are 30 things I hope to do/achieve before I turn the big 3-0!
- Go inter-railing around Europe
- Eat multi-coloured macaroons
- Make an olive loaf of bread
- Do a head/forearm stand
- Wear red lipstick
- Knit a blanket/throw
- Complete all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones
- Visit America
- Get toned/fit
- Go surfing
- Lay in a hammock without falling out
- Single-handedly design my new kitchen (for a house I don’t yet have, but probably with a little help from pinterest)
- Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
- Be a nicer person (i.e. less bloody judgmental)
- Get a dog
- Get a lob (a ‘long bob’ for those not in the know)
- Get to and maintain a weight of 10’3
- Host Christmas
- Enjoy a Sunday brunch out
- Have a candle-lit bubble bath
- Go bungee-jumping
- Get a VW Transporter van #vanlife
- Grow vegetables in my new glass greenhouse (wow, this does sound grown up)
- Complete the Three Peaks Challenge (though maybe not in 24 hours)
- Complete Final Fantasy 15 on PS4 (I am still a teenager at heart)
- Finish the cushions I’ve been sewing for c. 3 years
- Drink more leaf tea
- Have a massage
- Be in Thailand, or an equally exotic country, on my 30th birthday itself 🙂
- Spend every single day treasuring my Sam
Reading back through my list, there seems to be a good balance between challenging myself to achieve something, and enjoying the simple pleasures in life.
I’m going to make this year a year to remember!