2018 is almost upon us. Its that time when we start looking ahead to what the New Year will bring, as well as looking back on the happy memories and difficult times 2017 gave to us. Sometimes I hope the following year will be a complete change, whether that means a new hobby, a new home, or just making an effort to take care of myself. Other years my only resolution is to get more sleep!
2017 has flown by. We’ve enjoyed a record number of holidays both here and abroad, my brother is now a doctor(!) and I still want a dog! Here is a snap shot of my year:
It hasn’t all been bronzed tans, blue skies and a laugh a minute though. We’ve been first and foremost trying to move house this year. I say trying because we have yet to actually move. I didn’t post much in November/December because that was pretty much the most stressful two months we have had. Quite upsettingly, our onward purchase fell through only 3 days before Christmas, which somewhat tainted the holiday period for us. We think it was a blessing in disguise though; we are not people to force something through if it is clearly not meant to happen. We tried our hardest to make it work but it wasn’t meant to be so now we have to focus on the future and find something better! Positivity is key at the moment.
So my 2018 resolutions are a bit different to what they would normally be. They are a mixture of me and Sam as a family unit, but also a few things I want to work towards during the course of the year. I’m a firm believer that nobody should sit still and let life pass them by; I want to work to improve myself in what ever form that may be.
So here they are: my New Year Resolutions.
- To carry on with yoga and be able to do a headstand/forearm stand by New Year’s Eve 2018.
- To bake the best pie known to man with my new pie-making kit and receipe book.
- To blog more.
- To knit a blanket/throw.
- To actually make the most of my appearance. I’m 30 in 1 year and 2 weeks and its high time I started to take care of my hair, wear a bit more make-up so I don’t look constantly shattered and stop living in hoodies.
- Improve on my collection of tea pots 🙂
- And last but not least, to find and move into a beautiful home and hopefully start a family one day.
I have high hopes for 2018 so it’d better be my year!! You never know – a dog may make an appearance at some point if I’m lucky.
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! We are going to a 1920’s Prohibition Party so I’m digging out my flapper dress and heels for a change.